Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Calvin Klein House (or How Did I Miss This?!)

I'm not quite sure how I missed seeing this during the holiday season, but I sure am kicking myself for doing so. The 5th Avenue Calvin Klein store had this four story "dollhouse" displayed. Designed by Joshua Prince-Ramus of REX Architecture in conjunction with two other firms, it's a four story glory of arylic, steel and spandex(!), complete with a landscaped roof, and features miniatures of the forthcoming 2009 Calvin Klein home furnishings collection. The interiors are what really set my heart palpitating (afterall, it's a cool looking structure, but who wants to live in a house suspended in midair?).




An artist's rendering:



I only wish they had more photos of the interiors and other floors, especially the bedroom. No, no. Who am I kidding - I really wish I had been able to see (and photograph) this house with my own eyes.

Photos from archpaper and interior design.

4 comments:

  1. Wow ... totally agree with you that the structure although cool is not practical. On the other hand, if they ever 'mass-produce' those mini-furniture pieces ... ummmm, I know I am day-dreaming right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sleek and futuristic...love what I see of the interiors as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found the bedroom -- take a look http://www.kontaktmag.com/news/madison-avenue-dollhouse/

    ReplyDelete